[ATTW-L] technical editing class -- hard-copy markup?

Jonathan Arnett jonathan.arnett at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:16:44 UTC 2023

Hi, colleagues.

I have a question, and I'd like your input.

I'm updating my Technical Editing class, and I'm pondering whether to
keep or cut the unit on hard-copy markup. I taught this unit in years
past to good effect, but now that most editing is done electronically, I
wonder if hard-copy markup is a dead skill.

If you were to (or if you actually do) teach a course on technical
editing, would you teach hard-copy markup?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Jonathan Arnett
Associate Professor of Technical Communication
Department of Technical Communication & Interactive Design
Kennesaw State University