[ATTW-L] #job ad - Lecturer in Technical and Professional Writing

Julia Romberger julia.romberger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 21:51:54 UTC 2023

Hello Colleagues - Apologies for the cross postings. Please forward to those who might be interested the following full time position:

The Department of English at Old Dominion University invites applications for a colleague at the rank of Lecturer to teach ENGL 334: Technical Writing and our newly revised ENGL 211C: Writing, Rhetoric, and Research with the possibility of other courses in technical and professional communication and general education depending on interest, expertise, and experience. This is a full-time, continuing-contract position. The teaching load is a 4-4 with 10-month appointment to begin in Fall 2023.

As an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer, Old Dominion University promotes the full realization of employment opportunities for all persons, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans. ODU bases all employment decisions only on job requirements. These efforts apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, promotion, and compensation. ODU is classified as a Carnegie R1 institution.

We have an undergraduate concentration and certificate in technical writing the we are hoping a new colleague might contribute to.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me at jromberg at odu.edu <mailto:jromberg at odu.edu>.

Warm regards,
Julia Romberger

“Of all celestial bodies within reach or view, as far as we can see, out to the edge, the most wonderful and marvelous and mysterious is turning out to be our own planet Earth. There is nothing to match it anywhere, not yet anyway.” —Lewis Thomas

Julia Romberger, PhD
(she/her/hers)
Graduate Program Director, PhD in English
Dept. of English
Old Dominion University
5115 Hampton Blvd.
Norfolk, VA 23529