[ATTW-L] Invitation to Participate in WPA-GO’s 2023 Graduate Research Series

KM Gray kmgraywrites at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:12:22 UTC 2023

Greetings!

The Leadership Council of the Writing Program Administrators - Graduate
Organization (WPA-GO) is excited to announce that we will be bringing back
The Graduate Research Series in 2023.

*ABOUT THE GRADUATE RESEARCH SERIES*

The Graduate Research Series aims to spotlight graduate research that
aligns with our organisation's focus on antiracist writing program
administration. Accepted proposals will be asked to submit a short 8-10
minute video about their research to be released on WPA-GO's YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE-_FlTvfujKi6xKsNcGfJA> page and via our
social media platforms. The published videos lead up to a culminating
viewing party and roundtable discussion with all presenters and a live
audience of fellow writing studies scholars.

*SUBMISSION GUIDELINES*

Presentation proposals accepted to the Graduate Research Series will make
explicit connections to and/or be in conversation with antiracist
scholarship, actions, and/or intentions.

If you wish to participate in the Graduate Research Series, please fill out
this form <https://forms.gle/7fsCfounKFtJRjcL9> by Wednesday, March 15th to
help us understand the focus of your presentation. Here are some important
dates to take into consideration:

   -

   Wednesday, March 15, 2023: Last date to fill out the form
   <https://forms.gle/7fsCfounKFtJRjcL9> with your research information (by
   11:59 pm CT)
   -

   Wednesday, April 1, 2023: Acceptance notifications will be sent by
   WPA-GO. WPA-GO will be in contact regarding presenters’ availability for a
   Watch Party and Roundtable Event open to the public
   -

   Monday, May 8, 2023: Last date to send final video submissions and
   transcripts (by 11:59 pm CT)
   -

   Late May/Early June 2023: Videos published to WPA-GO YouTube and other
   social media pages
   -

   Late May/Mid-June 2023: Watch Party and Roundtable Event

WPA-GO's Accessibility Committee has developed an access guide
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yzo7pTrVoR5sF7TDreeo7XcygVsNuTLEBmTPsMwQj7M/edit>
to help presenters develop presentations and videos that adhere to best
access practices.

Thank you, and we look forward to reading your responses!

Best,

Kat M. Gray, writing on behalf of the WPA-GO Leadership Council
P.S. If you need more time to complete the form, please reach out to the
WPA-GO Leadership Council at wpago1 at gmail.com.  We’re happy to work with
you and your unique context.

--
*Kat M. Gray*