[ATTW-L] #JOB Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow in Tech Comm/Rhetoric at Utah State

Calvin Pollak calvinpollak at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 17:08:21 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

Utah State's Technical Communication and Rhetoric (TCR) program is hiring a
new postdoctoral teaching fellow for 2023-2024. I've been in this position
since fall 2021, and it's been very beneficial to me in terms of
specializing my research in technical and professional communication and
developing a diverse teaching portfolio. The USU TCR faculty are all great
mentors and colleagues, so this is a wonderful opportunity for any ABD
candidate or recent PhD who is interested in developing their work as a
technical communication teacher and researcher with a social justice focus.

If anyone has questions about the position for me as the current postdoc,
feel free to reach out. You can also feel free to contact any / all of the
search committee members: Ryan Moeller (rylish.moeller at usu.edu), Rebecca
Walton (rebecca.walton at usu.edu), or Jared Colton (jared.colton at usu.edu).

I've copied the full job ad below, and here is the link to apply:
https://careers-usu.icims.com/jobs/6359/job
<https://tracking.icims.com/f/a/X9PshyTgNsqWlwztshB6sA~~/AAIB5gA~/RgRmBvXOP0QraHR0cHM6Ly9jYXJlZXJzLXVzdS5pY2ltcy5jb20vam9icy82MzU5L2pvYlcDc3BjQgpkIc5wJGTmfjTyUhZyeWxpc2gubW9lbGxlckB1c3UuZWR1WAQAAAO3>

****

Job Title: Postdoctoral Teaching Fellowship in Technical Communication and
> Rhetoric—Logan Campus
> Requisition: 2023-6359
>

> Overview
>
> The English Department at Utah State University invites applicants to
> apply for a full-time 9-month, postdoctoral teaching fellowship in
> Technical Communication and Rhetoric located at the Logan Campus. The start
> date for this position is August 2023.  This is a one-year position with
> the possibility of renewal.
>

> The successful candidate will join a vibrant department committed to
> equity, diversity, and inclusivity in teaching and research
> <https://chass.usu.edu/english/diversity>.  Postdocs are fully integrated
> in departmental culture and participate in monthly professional development
> sessions grounded in critical pedagogies. Our land-grant university
> receives national recognition for its support of undergraduate research,
> and postdocs play a key role in mentoring students at both the
> undergraduate and graduate levels. Postdocs will receive mentoring from
> department faculty that can help them prepare for future professional
> development.
>
> Responsibilities
>
> The successful applicant will contribute to our PhD program
> <https://tracking.icims.com/f/a/EhsNEzF-1yMgR50xeujCow~~/AAIB5gA~/RgRmBvXOP0QyaHR0cHM6Ly9jaGFzcy51c3UuZWR1L2VuZ2xpc2gvdHJhY2tzL3RlY2gtY29tbS1waGRXA3NwY0IKZCHOcCRk5n408lIWcnlsaXNoLm1vZWxsZXJAdXN1LmVkdVgEAAADtw~~>
>  and *brand new* undergraduate major and minor
> <https://tracking.icims.com/f/a/rTsE9IyMj67r0mEUHngdqw~~/AAIB5gA~/RgRmBvXOP0RJaHR0cHM6Ly9jaGFzcy51c3UuZWR1L2VuZ2xpc2gvdHJhY2tzL3RlY2huaWNhbC1jb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uLWFuZC1yaGV0b3JpY1cDc3BjQgpkIc5wJGTmfjTyUhZyeWxpc2gubW9lbGxlckB1c3UuZWR1WAQAAAO3> in
> Technical Communication and Rhetoric (TCR), as well as our online Master
> of Technical Communication
> <https://tracking.icims.com/f/a/99F8BR57cn3wjGp--T2Igw~~/AAIB5gA~/RgRmBvXOP0RFaHR0cHM6Ly9jaGFzcy51c3UuZWR1L2VuZ2xpc2gvdHJhY2tzL3RlY2huaWNhbC1jb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uLWdyYWR1YXRlVwNzcGNCCmQhznAkZOZ-NPJSFnJ5bGlzaC5tb2VsbGVyQHVzdS5lZHVYBAAAA7c~> program.
> Ideal candidates will contribute expertise relevant to the TCR program’s
> emphasis on social justice. The teaching load is 3-3.
>
> Qualifications:
>
> This one-year fellowship (2023-2024 academic year, with the possibility of
> renewal) will foster the career of a scholar who has earned a PhD in a
> relevant field (e.g., technical communication, rhetoric, or similar) by
> August 1, 2023.
>

> *The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:*
>
>    - Strong interpersonal communication skills
>    - A record of effective and innovative teaching at the post-secondary
>    level
>    - Commitments to diversity, inclusivity and social justice in teaching
>

> Link to apply: https://careers-usu.icims.com/jobs/6359/job

****

Best,

Calvin Pollak, Ph.D. (he/him)
Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow in Technical Communication & Rhetoric
Department of English
Utah State University