[ATTW-L] Accepting Applications for Graduate Programs at East Carolina

Erin Clark erinafrost at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 15:35:49 UTC 2023

Hi, folks—

We wanted to announce that our graduate programs are *accepting
applications*
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://gradschool.ecu.edu/apply/&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw28TszbWr41Gieqa6OlXX-j>
for the Fall 2023 cycle. Please help us spread the word!

We have an on-campus *MA in English Studies*
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://english.ecu.edu/graduate-programs/english-masters/&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw3jrIacqAJibZBlCipOaLqr>
program
with the ability to build your own pathway focusing on technical and
professional communication, rhetoric, and/or writing studies. We also offer
a fully online *MA in Technical and Professional Communication*. Applications
are accepted on a rolling basis. Assistantship funding is available. Admissions
for the MA programs are on a rolling basis so please apply at any time!

The *PhD in Rhetoric, Writing, and Professional Communication*
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://english.ecu.edu/graduate-programs/phd-in-rhetoric-writing-professional-communication/&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw2X_CGlcZyQRMXYCejJqYNf>
program
offers the opportunity to combine theory and practice in the study of
rhetoric, writing, and professional communication. Focusing on public and
community rhetoric across genres and media, we provide future
scholar-teachers with diverse, well-supported research and pedagogical
experiences and foster professional development within intellectual and
professional communities. The priority deadline for application is January
15. (We strongly encourage meeting this deadline if applying for
assistantship support.) The application remains open until May 15.

   -

   All PhD and MA applicants to all programs are encouraged to apply for a
   Graduate Assistantship.
   -

   For PhD students, the graduate assistantship pays an annual salary of 24,000
   annually at 20 hours per week or $30,000 annually at 25 hours per week
   (when funds allow) in exchange for teaching a 2/2 load (two courses each
   semester) and/or additional research assistantship duties (including the
   University Writing Center, work on national journals in the field house at
   ECU, Writing Foundations, and other opportunities) and includes tuition
   remission and insurance. (Please contact us for more information on
   graduate assistantships for MA students).

   -

   Internship and professionalization workshops and opportunities to
   prepare students for both academic and industry careers.
   -

   Structured and varied teaching experience and training including the
   opportunity to teach advanced undergraduate courses.

Recent PhD graduates have secured tenure track positions at Syracuse
University, University of Minnesota, University of Maryland, Bowie State
University, Missouri University of Science & Technology, University of
Rhode Island, and the Rochester Institute of Technology.

*East Carolina University*
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.ecu.edu/&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw0koYuRBVAWIYBrPcN78Yms>
is a DRU (doctoral research university) of more than 28,000 students,
located in Greenville, North Carolina. We’re located in North Carolina’s
“Inner Banks” region between the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill Research
Triangle and the Outer Banks and Atlantic Coast. Greenville is a thriving
small city of about 100,000 with a growing regional healthcare presence and
pharmaceutical and manufacturing companies. Greenville has an active and
growing greenway system and parks and outdoor recreation scene with four
seasons and a mild winter.

Please contact us with questions and inquiries about any aspect of our
programs, faculty, or ECU.

   -

   Erin Clark Frost, PhD Program Coordinator, Associate Professor,
   Technical and Professional Communication (froste at ecu.edu)
   -

   Matt Cox, Director of Graduate Studies, Associate Professor, Technical
   and Professional Communication (*coxmat at ecu.edu* <coxmat at ecu.edu>)
   -

   Timothy Putnam, Administrative Assistant to Graduate Studies in English (
   *englishgrad at ecu.edu* <englishgrad at ecu.edu>)