[ATTW-L] U of Cincinnati accepting applications for MA in Professional Writing

Anderson, Lora (ardusell) ardusell at ucmail.uc.edu
Mon Nov 13 15:53:45 UTC 2023

The University of Cincinnati is accepting applications for our MA in Professional Writing for Fall 2024.

Our program allows students to establish a strong theoretical framework for practical applications in the field of professional writing. Students work closely with dedicated faculty who provide individualized attention to develop new skills, explore career opportunities, or advance in a profession.

Most graduate courses include real-world projects for local businesses and non-profit organizations. Internships and capstone experiences enable students to build a strong resume and take charge of entire projects from concept to deliverables. Students graduate with a polished portfolio of project samples that reflect the realities of today’s shifting and expanding business world.

The program prepares graduates for an array of possible professional routes, including technical and scientific writing, journalism, communications, and promotional writing. Most program graduates have accepted nonacademic positions, although some have gone on to doctoral work in composition, rhetoric, or technical communication.

Faculty strengths include

·         Technical communication and user experience design

·         Technical communication pedagogy

·         Rhetoric of science, health, and medicine

·         AI and writing

·         Transnational communication

Application deadline is January 1, 2024, for applicants interested in funding, but self-funded students (including those with tuition remission benefits from employers) can apply until March 30, 2024. We do not require the GRE for grad applications. More information about applying can be found at https://www.artsci.uc.edu/departments/english/grad/ma-application-professional-writing.html

For questions about the program or application process, please contact Lora Anderson, Director of the MAPW, at lora.anderson at uc.edu<mailto:lora.anderson at uc.edu>.