[ATTW-L] Apply to be Communication Design Quarterly's next book review editor!

Jordan Frith frithjh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 15:28:58 UTC 2023

Hi all,

First off, I want to thank Derek Sparby for years of amazing work as
CommunicationDesign
Quarterly’s (CDQ) <https://cdq.sigdoc.org/>book review editor. He has done
an excellent job soliciting high quality book reviews and has recently
decided to step down from the position because of other service
obligations. Thank you so much to Derek!

Consequently, *CDQ *is currently taking applications for our open book
review editor position, and we hope you consider applying! The position is
an excellent opportunity to gain editorial experience, and it’s not an
onerous amount of work. The book review editor’s main responsibilities
involve identifying interesting books and soliciting people to write
reviews of the books. Most importantly, Derek has developed an excellent
workflow, so our next book review editor will be walking into an ideal
situation. We also have book reviews already slotted for our next few
issues, so there won’t be major pressure to immediately hit the ground
running. The book review editor is a 2-year, renewable position.

We are open to applicants from candidates at any rank, and you don’t need
to have prior editorial experience. Our application deadline is November 6th,
which I know is a narrow window (there are behind-the-scenes reasons why we
set that date), but please reach out if you’re interested and don’t think
you can apply by that date.

To apply, please email me (jfrith at clemson.edu) a one-page letter explaining
your interest in the position and a copy of your CV. And if you have any
questions about the position, please don’t hesitate to reach out and ask.
I’m happy to help in any way I can.

Thank you!

--

Jordan Frith, Ph.D.

Pearce Professor of Professional Communication

Clemson University

Pronouns: He/Him

My new *Object Lessons *book: *Barcode
<https://www.amazon.com/Barcode-Object-Lessons-Jordan-Frith/dp/1501399918/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=>