[ATTW-L] Ohio State TT job: Asian American Rhetorics

Teston, Christa B. teston.2 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 23 21:06:08 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues,

You’ve likely already seen this job advertisement for a tenure-track hire in Asian American Rhetorics<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/osu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/OSUCareers/job/Columbus-Campus/Assistant-Professor---Asian-American-Rhetorics_R89489-1__;!!KGKeukY!zNwt3VFaADFUjFbLbTaRHtw6HOrRRvdNOkEQFAazr6UnTcPDiGs39aU1sVPnWfh5Q8CFk_1iNjz0Fn4vcwI$> circulating in other venues (my apologies!), but I wanted to send one last nudge since the deadline for applications is November 1.

Here’s the full URL to the Workday HR site: https://osu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/OSUCareers/job/Columbus-Campus/Assistant-Professor---Asian-American-Rhetorics_R89489-1<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/osu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/OSUCareers/job/Columbus-Campus/Assistant-Professor---Asian-American-Rhetorics_R89489-1__;!!KGKeukY!yn4pBciwgyVN0JmYF3hjrhudRDhCuryOjnfVTmOpcngMPm8f6FDH80_pPjhfL0bkXCzYsFTvq9JMsUUbaQ$>

I’ll also paste the position description below.

This is an exciting opportunity to hire a new colleague who’ll not only help to sustain Ohio State’s Writing, Rhetoric, and Literacy Program<https://english.osu.edu/research/faculty-expertise/wrl>, but also help to grow our Center for Ethnic Studies<https://ethnicstudies.osu.edu/>. As you’ll see from the job ad, we’re really interested in folks who might have secondary expertise in technical writing!

I am chairing this search and am happy to answer questions.

Thanks so much for sharing,

Christa

***

Position Overview

The Department of English is partnering with the Center for Ethnic Studies (CES) to hire a tenure-track assistant professor with a specialization in the area of Asian American Rhetorics, with complementary expertise in one or more of the following areas: community writing, digital media studies, disability studies, rhetorics of health and medicine, literacy studies, scientific and technical writing, trans and queer studies, women’s and gender studies, and/or writing program administration. We welcome and encourage applications from scholars who are considering Asian American rhetorics within a diasporic, transnational and/or intersectional U.S.-based framework.

The successful candidate will hold a 50% FTE tenure track appointment in the Department of English<https://english.osu.edu/> and a 50% FTE appointment in the Center for Ethnic Studies (CES<https://ethnicstudies.osu.edu/>), a collaborative research center at Ohio State that encompasses three individual units: American Indian Studies, Asian American Studies, and Latinx Studies. The center works with partners across the university to: advance the study of persistent inequalities that fuel continued underrepresentation for many; deepen our knowledge and understanding of American Indians, Asian Americans, and Latinas/os/e; and explore the dynamic interconnections for these populations between their lives in the U.S. and other parts of the globe. Within English, the hire will be part of the Writing, Rhetoric and Literacy (WRL) program<https://u.osu.edu/rclinfo/>, which is a national leader in scholarship and teaching on cultural theories and practices of reading, writing, composing, communicating, and consuming and producing media.

This position is being partially funded by Ohio State’s Global Arts and Humanities Discovery Theme<https://globalartsandhumanities.osu.edu/> (GAHDT). The successful candidate will be expected to participate in mentoring events and interdisciplinary programming as part of a cohort of GAHDT-funded faculty.

Christa Teston, PhD (she/her<https://www.mypronouns.org/>)
Vice Chair, Writing, Rhetoric, and Literacy Program<https://u.osu.edu/rclinfo/>
College of Arts and Sciences English Department
402 Denney Hall, 164 Annie and John Glenn Ave., Columbus, OH 43210
www.christateston.com<http://www.christateston.com>