[ATTW-L] Call For Participation, IEEE ProComm 2024, Pittsburgh July 14-17: Building Bridges

Alan Chong alan.chong at utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 30 14:54:45 UTC 2023

Circulating the CFP for the IEEE Professional Communication Society’s 2024 Annual Conference in Pittsburgh, July 14-17.
On behalf of Allison Hutchison and Traci Nathans-Kelly, Conference Chairs.

Building Bridges: Connecting Ideas, People, and Possibilities
Location: Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.

ProComm 2024 invites participants to Pittsburgh, on the beautiful campus of Carnegie Mellon University. This year’s theme of Building Bridges: Connecting Ideas, People, and Possibilities embodies the essence of progress, collaboration, and growth. Bridges, both literal and metaphorical, have long served as symbols of connection and transformation. From technological advancements that bridge virtual and physical worlds to the social bridges that promote inclusivity and equality, we welcome your topics that delve into the multifaceted roles that bridges play.

Much like the iconic bridges of Pittsburgh, conference attendees seek to make connections between different fields of knowledge, fostering interdisciplinary collaboration and innovation. As well, we are welcoming topics that bridge the gaps between practitioner communication and academic work.

Our conference wishes to honor the city’s heritage of resilience and transformation, highlighting the lessons we can learn from past challenges and how to use them to shape a more inclusive and sustainable future.

Submission Formats and Cycles of Review

For ProComm 2024, you can participate in three possible ways in addition to attending:

Propose a paper
Propose a panel
Propose a workshop

Initial proposals are due 5th January.

Please visit this page for more details: https://attend.ieee.org/procomm-2024/call-for-proposals/

For questions, please email Kira Dreher at kadreher at andrew.cmu.edu<mailto:kadreher at andrew.cmu.edu>  or Darina Slattery at darina.slattery at ieee.org<mailto:darina.slattery at ieee.org>
__________________________________
Alan Chong (he/him/his), Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
President, IEEE ProComm 23-24
Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
Sandford Fleming (SF) B670F
10 King's College Road
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
M5S1A4
416 978 8512
alan.chong at utoronto.ca
http://ecp.engineering.utoronto.ca/
http://istep.utoronto.ca/

*In my email practice, I am trying to be mindful of the University’s new policy on the option to disconnect from work, which means I may not respond outside of normal work hours. If you receive an email from me outside of normal business hours, please do not feel obliged to read or reply immediately.