[ATTW-L] Job Posting Reminder: Assistant Professor of Technical Communication at the University of South Carolina

Brock, Kevin BROCKKM2 at mailbox.sc.edu
Mon Oct 30 17:18:14 UTC 2023

Just a reminder: we're hiring an Assistant Professor of Technical and Professional Communication at the University of South Carolina! We look forward to welcoming someone whose research focuses on diversity and social advocacy in technical and professional writing and communication. If you have any students or know of anyone who would be interested in applying, please send this ad their way (summary & link below). I'm happy to answer questions about it directly, too: brockkm2 at mailbox.sc.edu

Kevin Brock

The Department of English at the University of South Carolina invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Technical and Professional Communication. We seek a scholar with a research agenda focused on diversity and social advocacy in technical and professional writing and communication. Research emphases might include rhetorics of health and medicine; disability studies; universal design and inclusive accessible design; TPC pedagogy; intercultural or cross-border communication in medical, community, and organizational contexts; multilingualism or global Englishes in TPC; or improving information design and communication for oppressed, underrepresented, or minoritized communities. Evidence of the ability to conduct excellent research is essential. The successful candidate should be prepared to offer courses in the undergraduate major concentration in Writing, minor in Professional Writing and Communication, and M.A. and Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Composition, where the teaching load is typically 2/2. Ph.D. in a relevant field must be in hand by August 16, 2024.

https://uscjobs.sc.edu/bookmarks?posting_id=156143

Kevin Brock
Associate Professor and Director of First-Year English
University of South Carolina
Humanities Office Building
Columbia, SC 29208
brockkm2 at mailbox.sc.edu