[ATTW-L] Reminder: Tech Comm Example Videos Deadline May 3rd

Liddle, Daniel daniel.liddle at wku.edu
Thu Apr 25 16:06:59 UTC 2024

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to send out a reminder that we're collecting submissions for out Tech Comm Examples series and that the deadline for submission is next Friday, May 3rd by 11:59 EST.

To participate:

  1.  Pick a favorite example of TPC. By "examples," we mean manuals, forms, instructions, memos, diagrams, booklets, videos, infographics, and really any kind of example of technical communication that gets you and (potentially) your students excited about tech comm. We're hoping for examples that are important, strange, fun, joyous, or odd - the kind of examples that get people interested in working with these genres.
  2.  Film yourself talking about your example for 2-5 minutes. Using your phone or webcam, record yourself introducing your example and why you find it valuable/inspiring/useful as an example of technical communication. For technical advice, check out this document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/17oa23NjRCqJj7VgQ5qruAss_S3iq_TytBpFPjwQuPqs/edit?usp=sharing> with some guidelines and FAQs.
  3.  Send us the video: Using our Google form<https://forms.gle/HFRMcjSKxmM2iKkQ9>, you can upload your video as well as any links/documents for the example that we can add as b-roll to the video.
  4.  We will publish these examples together as a short series late in the summer of 2024. You can see examples of what we're going for in the examples from last fall:

Tech Comm Examples: Black Forager - Enoki vs Deadly Galerina<https://youtu.be/w7LgNImjAyo?si=SM4oQPhWKeFNl6rj>

Tech Comm Examples: Una Historia Invisible Para La Justica<https://youtu.be/qJ87BmXw7Es?si=jfCWDflBJ3BTvu8f>

Tech Comm Examples: The 2014 Sony Letter to Employees Regarding Internal Hack<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlXS0Z8BBwU&ab_channel=MoreThanMemos>

Tech Comm Examples - The Berkshire Hathaway Website<https://youtu.be/lSzLZoRZiHk?si=oKqWdbPax0G2Sevo>

- - -

If you have any questions about these videos, please email me directly at daniel.liddle at wku.edu<mailto:daniel.liddle at wku.edu>

We appreciate your time, labor, expertise, and service.

Best,

Dan

Daniel Liddle, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English