[ATTW-L] [External] Adobe and students question

Robert Terry rterry at georgiasouthern.edu
Fri Feb 2 19:33:08 UTC 2024

For our online students, we have licenses that cover installing it;
however, if they have equipment that can't run it, we use virtual labs so
they can remotely run the software (I believe via a version of Citrix). For
some software, like Premiere Pro, this is actually a better solution for
most students because a significant portion of our virtual lab equipment
uses more powerful GPUs than they are likely to have at home, and the
performance/user experience is overall very good, with some small issues.
Some students struggle setting it up, but our IT help desk provides
support.

My understanding is that in this case, the software is licensed based on
running on the lab computer, even if the students are accessing it
remotely. You may want to check with your campus IT to see if they have
anything similar that remote students can use.

Robert Terry, PhD
Associate Professor, Professional and Technical Writing
Department of English
Georgia Southern University - Armstrong Campus
Pronouns: he/him/per