[ATTW-L] Reminder: Teaching Tech Comm with AI due January 15th.

Mark C. craniac at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 00:21:59 UTC 2024

Hi, just a friendly reminder that proposals for this online symposium are
due on January 15th, a mere eleven days away!

Graduate students are especially encouraged to apply!

Although I am sending this from my civilian email address, the symposium
will be hosted online through Utah Valley University, courtesy of our
Microsoft Teams site license.

I think this will be a low pressure way to get together and talk about AI
with folks from outside our departments.

In addition, I am planning on two excellent surprise keynote speakers.  The
surprise will be if my speaker grant is approved in time. But seriously, I
think it will work out.

Thanks,

Eugene Crane
Utah Valley University
https://www.uvu.edu/directory/employee/?id=MVUyUXl0WTVhTzEvMHdHQ1F6VzE5dz09

Conference website: https://techwritingculture.de/

CFP: Technology, Writing and Culture 2024

Theme: Artificial Intelligence and Teaching Technical Communication

Due: January 15, 2023

Online Symposium: March 20, 2024

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the online symposium “Artificial Intelligence
and the Teaching of Technical Communication” on March 20, 2024.  This
micro-conference aims to bring together scholars, educators, researchers,
and practitioners to explore and share insights on the intersection of
teaching technical communication and the rapidly mutating landscape of
artificial intelligence. The virtual symposium consists of two keynote
speakers, and three sessions which may consist of panels, presentations or
open discussions depending on participant preferences.

Our objective is to continue the conversations that are taking place
surrounding large language model artificial intelligence and its potential
impact on the teaching and practice of technical communication.

Topics of Interest:

   - Integrating AI into the technical communication classroom
   - Exploring the economic and cultural context of AI and the field of
   technical communications
   - How does AI shape, erase or undermine identities, and how does that
   shape our teaching?
   - Artificial Intelligence, Surveillance and Teaching
   - Cultural perspectives on the intersection of technical communication
   and artificial intelligence
   - Examining the intersections  between technical communications and
   capitalism
   - Ethical considerations in teaching technical communications and
   artificial intelligence
   - Case studies of useful pedagogies incorporating AI
   - Assessing courses that have integrated AI
   - Possible future challenges faced by instructors utilizing AI
   - Posthuman technical communication in the age of artificial intelligence
   - Neoliberalism, Artificial Intelligence and Ethical Communication
   - Presentations that are experimental, exploratory and playful are
   welcome
   - We are also accepting online projects related to the theme

Submission Guidelines:

Prospective presenters are invited to submit proposals for individual
papers, panels, or online projects:

https://uvu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6SiYhSwFPhBnfme

Important Dates:

   - Proposal Submission Deadline: – January 15, 2024
   - Notification of Acceptance: –  January 20 2024
   - Online Conference Dates: Wednesday March 20, 2024

Contact: Eugene Crane markkuvula at gmail.com
Conference website: https://techwritingculture.de/