[ATTW-L] Apply to Utah State graduate programs in technical communication and rhetoric!

Chen Chen chenchen328 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:43:51 UTC 2024

Happy new year and new semester, everyone!

[Apologies for cross-posting.] We wanted to send a reminder that our two graduate programs (Master of Technical Communication and Ph.D. in Technical Communication and Rhetoric) are accepting applications for next year (until January 15 for the PhD and March 1 for the MTC). Please help us spread the word!

To apply to the MTC, go to our MTC page <https://chass.usu.edu/english/tracks/tech-comm-master-resources/application-procedures>

To apply to the TCR PhD, go to our TCR page <https://chass.usu.edu/english/tracks/tech-comm-phd-resources/application-procedures>

Master of Technical Communication (MTC) <https://chass.usu.edu/english/tracks/technical-communication-graduate>

Designed to appeal to a broad range of students interested in academia or industry

Fully online

Tuition costs are the same for all students, whether international, out-of-state, or Utah residents

PhD program in Technical Communication and Rhetoric (TCR) <https://chass.usu.edu/english/tracks/tech-comm-phd-resources/application-procedures>

Our program scopes the field of technical communication and rhetoric broadly, allowing students to engage diverse topics ranging from social justice to critical theories of technology, from rhetorics of community to online pedagogy, and from crisis communication to computer gaming. We particularly welcome applications from students interested in studying issues of social justice, community engagement, diversity, and service learning.

Applicants are encouraged to apply for a Graduate Instructorship, which pays an annual salary of $20,000.00 in addition to a tuition waiver and benefits, in exchange for teaching a 2/2 load (two courses each semester) and performing other responsibilities

Internship opportunities to prepare students with skills relevant to both academic and industry careers

Excellent teacher training

Opportunities to teach a variety of courses in TCR

Students and faculty regularly collaborate on research

Utah State University is a Carnegie R1 Classification university (Very High Research Activity) of over 25,000 students, located in Logan, Utah. USU is 80 miles northeast of Salt Lake City, surrounded by national parks, ski resorts, lakes, and mountains. Our TCR program has an excellent student-to-faculty ratio, a supportive PhD student cohort, and a stellar placement record.

Recent graduates have secured tenure track positions at Virgina Tech, University of Tennessee, Texas State University, Boise State University, Missouri University of Science and Technology, and Montana State University.

For more information about the program, the faculty, the curriculum, and other topics, or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:

Lynne McNeill, Director of Graduate Studies (lynne.mcneill at usu.edu <mailto:lynne.mcneill at usu.edu>)

Chen Chen, Technical Communication & Rhetoric, PhD program chair (chen.chen at usu.edu <mailto:chen.chen at usu.edu>)

Chen

Chen Chen