[ATTW-L] Book Reviews-Rhetoric of Health and Medicine

Agbozo, Edzordzi agbozog at uncw.edu
Wed Jan 24 13:35:36 UTC 2024

Hello colleagues:

Rhetoric of Health and Medicine is currently seeking reviews of the books listed below. Reviews are approximately 1,500 words that summarize and analyze the primary thesis of the book. I will work with reviewers to establish conducive due dates.

If you are interested in reviewing any of the books below, please email me (agbozog at uncw.edu). The books will be assigned to the first person who expresses interest in them:

  *
S. Scott Graham's The doctor and the algorithm: Promise, peril, and the future of health AI, (Oxford University Press, 2022).

  *
Marissa McKiney's PCOS discourses, symbolic impacts, and feminist rhetorical disruptions of institutional hegemonies, (Lexington, 2023).

  *
Bryna Siegel Finer, Cathryn Molly, Jamie White-Farnham's Patients making meaning: Theorizing sources of information and forms of support in women’s health, (Routledge, 2024).

  *
Monica Chiu's Show me where it hurts: Manifesting illness and impairment in graphic pathography, (Penn State University Press, 2024).

  *
Christa Teston's Doing dignity: Ethical praxis and the politics of care, (Johns Hopkins University Press, forthcoming in 2024).

Thank you,
Edzordzi (RHM Book reviews editor)

G. Edzordzi Agbozo, Ph.D. | Assistant Professor | Department of English<https://uncw.edu/academics/colleges/chssa/departments/english/>

UNIVERSITY of NORTH CAROLINA WILMINGTON

601 South College Road | Wilmington, N.C., 28403-5947

Office: 134 Morton Hall | agbozog at uncw.edu