[ATTW-L] CDQ Request for Book Reviews

Bennett, Kristin kcb062 at SHSU.EDU
Mon Mar 11 16:44:44 UTC 2024

Hi everyone,

(Apologies for cross posting) I am the new book review editor for Communication Design Quarterly<http://sigdoc.acm.org/blog/category/cdq-article/> (CDQ), and I’m looking for people interested in doing book reviews for upcoming issues. If you or your students are interested, please email me at kcb062 at shsu.edu<mailto:kcb062 at shsu.edu>. We have availability in the next issue of CDQ slated for fall 2024, so we are especially looking for someone who would like to be included in this issue.

Building from Derek Sparby’s fantastic work as previous book review editor, we continue goals of elevating the works of multiply marginalized and underrepresented (MMU) scholars by both reviewing their books and publishing reviews by them. As such, I will continue Derek’s inclusive process for selecting books and reviewers by requesting very brief proposals for the books I have available for review (listed below). You are also welcome to propose a book not on this list that fits within CDQ’s scope.

We are seeking general review requests as well as immediate reviewers for the following two books for our Fall 2024 issue.

  *   Amplifying Voices in UX | State University of New York Press (sunypress.edu)<https://sunypress.edu/Books/A/Amplifying-Voices-in-UX>
  *   XML for Technical Communicators<https://xmlpress.net/publications/engineering-words/>

If you are interested in reviewing one of the above books for our fall issue or an additional book for a future issue, please email me at kcb062 at shsu.edu by April 12, 2024 at 11:59PM and include the following information:

  *   What book you want to review
  *   Why you want to review it (100 words or less)

We will arrange for you to receive a copy of the book if you are chosen to review it.

I will be following up in the upcoming weeks with a broader call for a wider range of books available for review in our upcoming issues. If you have any questions or creative ideas, please reach out! I will review responses and select reviewers as soon as possible. Attached, please find CDQ's book review guidelines and a template for book reviews.

Best regards,

Kristin Bennett, CDQ Book Review Editor

Assistant Professor of Technical Communication

Sam Houston State University

Kcb062 at shsu.edu