[ATTW-L] Lecturer Openings at Penn

Browning, Ella R. ebrowning at writing.upenn.edu
Fri Oct 26 17:08:07 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for cross posting. We are pleased to announce a few openings for full-time lecturers this year to teach first year writing seminars in the Critical Writing Program at the University of Pennsylvania. Lecturers teach a 3/3 course load with seminars capped at 16 students. The positions are non-tenure-track, renewable from three to five years, with the possibility of long-term employment thereafter for those with a demonstrated record of excellence. Details about the positions and application process can be found here: https://facultysearches.provost.upenn.edu/postings/1489

We will begin reviewing applications beginning December 1, 2018 and continue until positions are filled.

Penn's Critical Writing Program is an independent Writing in the Disciplines program, and one of the recipients of the 2017-2018 CCCC Writing Program Certificate of Excellence. All first year seminars are discipline-based and faculty choose topics drawn from their disciplines and interests. We welcome all disciplines and this year are especially encouraging applications from those in the fields of Rhetoric & Composition, Sociology, Economics, Engineering, and Business. We are particularly interested in those applicants who have a global research scope or international research focus. For more information on the program, visit www.writing.upenn.edu.

Having joined the program in 2016, I can attest that we have a diverse, welcoming group of scholars deeply engaged in teaching and research, and that Philadelphia is a wonderful, culturally and historically rich location to call home.

Please share this call widely with qualified colleagues within and outside of professional and technical communication, and feel free to contact me off list with any questions about the positions.

Ellie

Ella R. Browning, Ph.D.

Associate Director, Writing in the Disciplines

Critical Writing Program

Center for Programs in Contemporary Writing

University of Pennsylvania
3808 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA
P: 215 573 2502    |    Suite #207

Assistant Editor, Rhetoric of Health & Medicine (RHM)

Interim Treasurer, Philadelphia Writing Program Administrators (PWPA)