[ATTW-L] new issue of Communication Design Quarterly just published

Jordan Frith frithjh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 12:59:56 UTC 2024

Hi all,
I'm emailing to announce the publication of the newest issue of *Communication
Design Quarterly*
<https://cdq.sigdoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/06/Communication-Design-Quarterly-12.2.pdf>.
This is our longest issue yet, and it's split into two parts. The first
part is a special issue on rethinking digital life. The special issue was
co-edited by Danielle Mollie Stambler, Saveena (Chakrika) Veeramoothoo, and
Katlynne Davis. They did an amazing job and put together nine excellent
articles that rethink some of the core aspects of our lives that we
navigate everyday. I want to thank the special issue editors and all the
authors for making my life so much easier. Here's a page I put together
where you can read the titles and abstracts
<https://cdq.sigdoc.org/special-issue-12-2-toward-digital-life/> for each
of the articles and download the full issue.

The second part of the issue is a a shorter special section dedicated to
the memory of Dr. Halcyon Lawrence. That special sections features five
shorter essays from scholars whose lives were touched by Halcyon's kindness
and her brilliance. I want to thank all those authors for writing pieces
that beautifully captured parts of whom Halcyon was as a teacher, scholar,
and mentor. You can find those essays in the latter section of the issue.
<https://cdq.sigdoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/06/Communication-Design-Quarterly-12.2.pdf>

Best,
--

Jordan Frith, Ph.D.

Pearce Professor of Professional Communication

Clemson University

Pronouns: He/Him

My new *Object Lessons *book: *Barcode
<https://bookshop.org/p/books/barcode-jordan-frith/19896061?ean=9781501399916>*