[ATTW-L] #JOB: TT Assistant Professor of Rhetoric and Composition, Adams State University

Nicholas Sanders nicksandersmsu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 12:59:40 UTC 2024

Dear Colleagues:

I hope you are enjoying the summer! I’m writing to share a position
announcement for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Rhetoric and
Composition at Adams State University in Alamosa, Colorado
<https://adams.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ASU/job/Assistant-Professor-of-Rhetoric---Composition---Tenure-Track_R240>
.
<https://adams.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ASU/job/Assistant-Professor-of-Rhetoric---Composition---Tenure-Track_R240>
Alamosa is beautiful at the seat of Mount Blanca in the San Luis Valley.
The campus is a great place to work, with really amazing colleagues in the
department and across campus.

This position serves as Director of Writing Programs, which includes
directing first-year writing and supporting and growing the writing studio,
which carries a one-course release per semester (making the teaching load a
3/3). There is opportunity for overloads over the summer to supplement
salary, as well. And, it’s quite an exciting time in the department, with
conversations about building a writing minor, developing an MA in English
with a strong Rhetoric and Composition core, and other campus initiatives
grounded in the teaching of writing and professional writing.

I’m not on the search committee, but I would be happy to share my
experiences with anyone who is interested. Dr. Jessica Brown (
jessbrown at adams.edu) is the search chair, and would also be happy to answer
any questions about the department, area, and university.

Please consider applying and sharing with interested graduate students.
Please note that ABD will be considered.

Thanks!

Nick Sanders