[ATTW-L] Invitation to participate in research study about peer reviews

Vernon, Laura lvernon at RADFORD.EDU
Wed Jun 5 15:52:28 UTC 2024

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to invite you to participate in an IRB-approved research study titled "Characterizing Peer Review Practices in Professional and Technical Writing Courses."  All types of instructors (e.g., graduate students, adjuncts, regular instructors, and professors of all ranks) are invited to participate.

The purpose of this study is to examine how professional and technical writing instructors teach, facilitate, and supervise online and in-person peer review in their writing courses. Your participation in the study will contribute to a better understanding of online and in-person peer review practices to maximize student engagement and learning.

I have developed a short survey, and I hope you will complete it to help us better understand how peer reviews are conducted in our field. I estimate that it will take you less than 30 minutes to complete it, depending on how much information you provide. Your participation is voluntary, and no identifiable information will be used.

You can access the survey by clicking on the link below.

https://radford.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9t0qJI30XsnflAy

If you have any questions about the survey, please don't hesitate to email me at lvernon at radford.edu<mailto:lvernon at radford.edu>. I am happy to discuss the survey before, or even after, you take it.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. I appreciate it.

All my best,
Laura Vernon, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Professional Writing
Radford University
Laura Vernon, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Professional Writing
Department of English
Radford University
PO Box 6935
Radford, VA 24142