[ATTW-L] Tech Comm Example Videos

Liddle, Daniel daniel.liddle at wku.edu
Fri May 10 16:01:31 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

This is a reminder to submit videos for the Tech Comm Examples video series by the end of the day today. As always I am happy to answer questions and solve technical problems if they come up.

All the best,

Dan

Submission Instructions:

  1.  Pick a favorite example of TPC. By "examples," we mean manuals, forms, instructions, memos, diagrams, booklets, videos, infographics, and really any kind of example of technical communication that gets you and (potentially) your students excited about tech comm. We're hoping for examples that are important, strange, fun, joyous, or odd - the kind of examples that get people interested in working with these genres.
  2.  Film yourself talking about your example for 2-5 minutes. Using your phone or webcam, record yourself introducing your example and why you find it valuable/inspiring/useful as an example of technical communication. For technical advice, check out this document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/17oa23NjRCqJj7VgQ5qruAss_S3iq_TytBpFPjwQuPqs/edit?usp=sharing> with some guidelines and FAQs.
  3.  Send us the video! Using our Google form<https://forms.gle/HFRMcjSKxmM2iKkQ9>, you can upload your video as well as any links/documents for the example that we can add as b-roll to the video.
  4.  We will publish these examples together as a short series late in the summer of 2024.

Daniel Liddle, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English
Western Kentucky University
http://www.danliddle.com/