[ATTW-L] Job Announcement: Visiting Assistant Professor of Technical and Professional Communication, Michigan Tech

Andrew Fiss afiss at mtu.edu
Fri Jan 18 19:50:40 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

We’re pleased to announce a search for a Visiting Assistant Professor of Technical and Professional Communication here at Michigan Technological University. Please share the ad below, and encourage applications from interested candidates! We’ll start considering applications on March 1.

http://www.jobs.mtu.edu/postings/7591 <http://www.jobs.mtu.edu/postings/7591>

Questions about the position, our university, and our area can be referred to me or our HR department!

Thanks!

Andy

Andrew Fiss, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Technical and Professional Communication
Michigan Technological University / Humanities Department
341 Walker Arts & Humanities Center / Houghton, MI 49931
afiss at mtu.edu <mailto:afiss at mtu.edu> / http://www.mtu.edu/humanities/ <http://www.mtu.edu/humanities/>

———————

Visiting Assistant Professor of Professional and Technical Communication
Department of Humanities, Michigan Technological University
The Department of Humanities at Michigan Technological University invites applications for a visiting assistant professor position in Professional and Technical Communication to begin August 2019. Candidates should have a record of excellent teaching and scholarly work in technical communication, broadly defined. Ability to teach technical and professional communication strongly preferred.

The department's faculty teach and engage in research that both shapes and benefits from a rich multi-disciplinary environment. The department offers doctoral and masters degrees in the interdisciplinary Rhetoric, Theory, and Culture program and undergraduate major degrees in Scientific and Technical Communication; Communication, Culture, and Media; and English. Please see our website: http://www.mtu.edu/humanities <http://www.mtu.edu/humanities> The teaching load is 3 courses (9 hrs.) per semester for a one-year appointment with competitive salary and benefits.
Applicants will need to upload a letter of application, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and will be asked for the names and contact information for three reference providers. At least one letter must address applicant’s teaching abilities. Preferred candidates should receive their PhD by August 2019.
Applicants may apply at: http://www.jobs.mtu.edu/postings/7591 <http://www.jobs.mtu.edu/postings/7591>
Review of applications begins on March 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Michigan Tech is an internationally renowned doctoral research university, with a diverse community of 7,000 undergraduate and graduate students and cross-disciplinary faculty.  Located on Lake Superior in Houghton, MI, its community offers year-round recreational and cultural opportunities.
Michigan Tech is an ADVANCE institution, one of a limited number of universities in receipt of NSF funds in support of our commitment to increase diversity and the participation and advancement of women in STEM.

Michigan Tech acknowledges the importance of supporting spouses/partners and retaining a quality workforce. Michigan Tech is committed to offering career exploration advice and assistance whenever feasible and appropriate at the University and in the local community.