[ATTW-L] Attend CPTSC 2020!

Carnegie, Teena tcarnegie at ewu.edu
Fri Jul 31 14:16:10 UTC 2020

CPTSC 2020: a special online conference event

In lieu of our annual face-to-face conference, join CPTSC for an online, event focused on managing technical and scientific communication programs in a time of crisis.

Date: Friday, Oct 2 from 12pm to 5pm (EDT).

  *   The event will begin with the annual business meeting where we will welcome the newly elected members to the executive committee and share accomplishments and goals for CPTSC.

  *   At its core, the event will include a plenary session with five invited speakers leading a discussion about the various aspects of the crises we face. Currently, TPC program administration involves navigating shrinking enrollments and state budgets and the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic. At the same time, following the murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and countless others, the Black Lives Matter movement has brought renewed attention to the long-standing crisis of violence perpetuated by racism, systemic and otherwise, topics important to technical and professional communication programs.

  *   We will continue the discussion in the Administrator's Roundtable, sharing our experience and working together to develop insights and strategies.

  *   In addition, we will host the editor's roundtable featuring eight editors from top journals and books series in technical and professional communication to answer your questions about the publication process.

  *   We will end with reception recognizing and celebrating those who have won awards, including this year's Diversity Scholarship winners, and providing an opportunity for us to share any final thoughts.

Fees: To attend the event, you must be a current member of CPTSC.  You can pay your membership dues ($40) online at https://cptsc.org/product/individual-membership/

All members who have paid their 2020 membership fees will be sent information for joining the Zoom sessions.

Thursday Oct 1 will focus on meetings of the CPTSC standing committees. Watch for future announcements.

For more information about the event, contact Teena Carnegie, CPTSC VP, tcarnegie at ewu.edu<mailto:tcarnegie at ewu.edu>

Covid-19 Waiver:
While CPTSC thrives because of your support, we recognize that these are difficult financial times for many of us, especially graduate students, non-tenured faculty, and faculty whose professional development funds have been cut due to budgets. If you would like to attend but are currently unable to afford the membership fee please contact: Joanna Schreiber, CPTSC Treasurer, jschreiber at georgiasouthern.edu<mailto:jschreiber at georgiasouthern.edu>