[ATTW-L] [Cross-posted] State of the art in classroom research—professional writing

Brian Larson brian at tendallarson.com
Wed Apr 28 19:02:30 UTC 2021

Howdy, folks!
Here is what I shared with my legal-communication colleague.

The methods discussions in this book may prove useful: *Points of
Departure: Rethinking Student Source Use and Writing Studies Research
Methods* (Tricia Serviss & Sandra Jamieson, eds. 2017). Many of these
studies included classroom or teacher research.

On 'coding' qualitative data, consider Johnny Saldaña, *The Coding Manual
for Qualitative Researchers* (3d ed. 2016).

Melonçon, L., Rosselot-Merritt, J., & St.Amant, K. (2020). A Field-Wide
Metasynthesis of Pedagogical Research in Technical and Professional
Communication. *Journal of Technical Writing and Communication*,*50*(1),
91-118.

Meloncon, L., & St.Amant, K. (2019). Empirical research in technical and
professional communication:  A five-year examination of research methods
and  a call for research sustainability. *Journal of Technical Writing and
Communication*,*49*(2), 128-155.

Michael's Klein's collection maybe helpful: [
https://wac.colostate.edu/books/tpc/effective/?fbclid=IwAR30r5d8SIEOFUI0V_EhoXXReTmtMFxYq_XYM9XDnKOsAtXFARIGAIxwXKI](https://wac.colostate.edu/books/tpc/effective/?fbclid=IwAR30r5d8SIEOFUI0V_EhoXXReTmtMFxYq_XYM9XDnKOsAtXFARIGAIxwXKI)

Thanks for y'all's help!
--
Thanks!
-Brian