[ATTW-L] New issue of Journal of Response to Writing (8.2, Fall 2022)

Katherine O'Meara kat.daily.omeara at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 16:26:23 UTC 2022

The *Journal of Response to Writing* is pleased to announce our *NEW Fall
2022 issue* (8.2)!

The current issue includes three feature articles, three teaching articles,
and a book review. Two key themes emerge: The first is the idea that
feedback/response necessitates clear communication, collaboration, and
negotiation. The second key theme is the inexorable link between response
and equitable assessment practices, namely contract grading.

You can view the full issue
<https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/journalrw/vol8/iss2/9/> at the *JRW* homepage.
You may also check out the individual publications below:

Feature Articles

   - Using Lessons from Collaboratively Processing Written Corrective
   Feedback <https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/journalrw/vol8/iss2/2> by
   Nicholas Carr
   - Feedback Practices in Hybrid Writing Courses: Instructor Choices About
   Modality and Timing
   <https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/journalrw/vol8/iss2/3> by Ariel M.
   Goldenthal, Jessica Matthews, Courtney Adams Wooten, brian fitzpatrick, and
   Lourdes Fernandez
   - Feedback as Boundary Object: Intersections of Writing, Response, and
   Research <https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/journalrw/vol8/iss2/4> by Lindsey
   Harding, Joshua King, Anya Bonanno, and Joseph Powell

Teaching Articles

   - Crafting a Writing Response Community Through Contract Grading
   <https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/journalrw/vol8/iss2/5> by Sarah Klotz
   and Kristina Reardon
   - Feedback Conversations: An Activity to Initiate Instructor-Student
   Dialogues about Writing Development
   <https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/journalrw/vol8/iss2/6> by Sarah M. Lacy
   - Student Interpretation and Use Arguments: Evidence-Based, Student-Led
   Grading <https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/journalrw/vol8/iss2/7> by LL
   Aull

Book Review

   - *Review of The Hidden Inequities in Labor-Based Contract Grading by
   Ellen C. Carillo (2021)
   <https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/journalrw/vol8/iss2/8/>* by Amanda
   Sladek

Congratulations to our authors, and thanks so much to our steadfast
reviewers!

As always, we welcome a variety of manuscript genres to the *Journal of
Response to Writing*, including our NEW Teaching Tips genre! Read more on
our "Submissions Guidelines and Policies
<https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/journalrw/policies.html>" page. You can
also follow us on Twitter <https://mobile.twitter.com/journal_rw>, Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/JournalofResponsetoWriting/>, and Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/journal_rw/>!

Happy reading (and responding),
*Betsy Gilliland & Kat O'Meara*
Co-Editors, *Journal of Response to Writing*