[ATTW-L] [External] Re: Advice on grant writing textbooks

Lisa Dush ladush at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 14:53:11 UTC 2024

Hi Luke and all,

I teach a nonprofit-engaged version of Grant and Proposal writing for MA
students, and have found that students really like the book I've been
using, which has not yet been mentioned in this conversation: Howlett and
Bourque's *Getting funded: The complete guide to writing grant proposals
<https://www.bvtpublishing.com/book/1197>. *It works well as a core text,
especially when supplemented with some chapters from other readings (here's the
list <https://lisadush.com/wrd-526-aq23/> from this autumn's course).

I'm also very glad to hear that we'll soon get a new edition of *Writing
proposals*! The first two chapters of that book have been so helpful as
early readings that establish a rhetorical approach to grant writing.

Best,
Lisa