[ATTW-L] Usability / UX Research textbook

Jessica Campbell jessicalynncampbell1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 11:26:36 UTC 2024

Dear Colleagues,

I want to share the publication of my book, User Experience Research and
Usability of Health Information Technology, available from Routledge at the
link below:

https://www.routledge.com/User-Experience-Research-and-Usability-of-Health-Information-Technology/Campbell/p/book/9781032162768

This book is ideal for academics and scholars to be used to design studies
for graduate dissertation work, independent research, or as a textbook for
UX/usability courses in health informatics or related health information
and technical communication (TC) courses as it covers a variety of UX
research frameworks, study designs, methods, data-analysis techniques, and
data collection instruments and tools including:

Field studies
Interviews
Focus groups
Diary studies
Surveys
Heuristic evaluation
Cognitive walkthrough
Think aloud

A plethora of standardized surveys and retrospective questionnaires (SUS,
Post-study System Usability Questionnaire (PSSUQ)) are also included.

Everything from consent forms to how many participants to include in a
usability study has been covered in this book.

Throughout the text, I encourage user-centered design (UCD), mixed-methods,
and collaboration amongst interdisciplinary teams. Knowledge from many
inter-related disciplines, like psychology, technical communication (TC),
and human-computer interaction (HCI), together with experiential knowledge
from experts is offered throughout the text.

If you are a TPC academic and scholar, I encourage you to use it in your
courses. If you are a practitioner in a TPC/UX - related role, I encourage
you to include it in your collection of scientific literature.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me,
Jessicalynncampbell1 at gmail.com.

Thanks so much to all who motivated me and performed important work that
informed the content included in my book.

Best regards,

Jessica Lynn Campbell, PhD
Jessicalynncampbell1 at gmail.com