[ATTW-L] technical editing class -- hard-copy markup?

Victor Del Hierro victorjdelhierro at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 20:06:59 UTC 2023

Dear All,

I have been following the conversation and just wanted to add that
depending on the group of students I'm working with I like to incorporate
hardcopy activities to in-class time. Recently my students are
grammar-nerds and love to get into the weeds of editing so I use in-class
time to let them get this energy out and then as we discuss it. We never
get assigned computer classrooms so for the sake accessibility I bring in
hard copy exercises (usually from the aforementioned Copyeditors Workbook
which our library has available online). So while I don't have a unit on
handwritten editing, we read the chapter early in the semester and then
practice it throughout the semester because as other folks have said for
the most part everything is being done digitally and while some folks who
have been editing are still doing hard copy, most new folks being hired are
not expected to do so.

Thanks to everyone adding to the convo and for the resources being shared.

-Victor

Victor J. Del Hierro, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of English